Your privacy is important to us. We do collect information from you, but it is our policy to ensure that all personal information remains private and secure. To earn your trust and confidence, we are disclosing our privacy practices and the uses of the information we gather.
To protect your privacy, NPOV Lions Club
- Will not release personal identifying information about you without first obtaining your consent, unless required to do so by law
- Will not knowingly use personal identifying information from children younger than 13 without parental consent
NPOV Lions Club reserves the right to amend this Privacy Statement at any time without prior notice, and only the current Privacy Statement may be deemed effective.
- What general information might NPOV Lions Club website collect about me and how is it used?
When you visit NPOV Lions Club website, we may collect some basic information about your computer, such as
- IP address (your computer's unique signature)
- Operating system (e.g., Windows XP)
- Browser software (e.g., Microsoft Internet Explorer, Netscape)
- Internet Service Provider (e.g., Earthlink, Bell Atlantic)
- Other numeric codes used to identify a computer
The information we collect is aggregated to reflect the population as a whole rather than focused on individuals. We use it to help us better understand the people who visit NPOV Lions Club website.
- What personal information might NPOV Lions Club website collect about me and how is it used?
If you contact NPOV Lions Club by email, we may ask you to supply personal information, including your first name, last name, telephone number, and email address.
Credit card transactions are processed by an established financial institution. Access to credit card information at NPOV Lions Club website is restricted to authorized staff only, in a manner consistent with or exceeding industry standards.
- How may I protect my privacy on the Internet and within NPOV Lions Club website?
Know the risks.
If you provide your e-mail address to public domains such as chat rooms or newsgroups, or you provide it to websites that don't respect your privacy, you may begin to receive unsolicited e-mail. Unsolicited e-mail is also known as spam. Although NPOV Lions Club website has strict rules prohibiting spam and we do block certain known groups from sending unsolicited messages to NPOV Lions Club website members, it is generally a good idea to provide your e-mail address only to people or groups that you trust.
Look for a privacy statement on every site you visit on the Web, and search for information on how to protect your privacy.
Tell your children, "Never talk to strangers!"
Teach children not to give out their names or other personal information. Tell them never to fill out online registration forms without your knowledge and consent.
Use complex passwords.
If your password is simple, it is also simple for a hacker to break it and gain access to your e-mail account or other private areas. To protect your privacy, you should use complex passwords consisting of very long and awkward keystroke combinations. This makes the hacker's job much more difficult.